At Kiwi Alarms we’re proud that our team has over twenty five years experience in the security industry.
Providing security solutions on every scale for domestic and commercial clients, including: alarms, CCTV, security cameras, monitoring, access control and home or business security. Check out some of our top tips below to help you get the most benefit and provide the right maintenance for your security system.
- Don't put computers or valuables too close to windows as these could be taken through a broken pane without setting off the alarm. If you must have your computer close to a window, pull the curtain so it can't be seen from the outside, or get an extra sensor fitted to your alarm, which targets the specific area.
- If you are going away for a few days always put valuables in a room with a detector in it.
- Clear all cobwebs, spiders and insects away from sensors to avoid false alarms.
- Ensure nothing is obstructing the view of your detectors. They must have a clear view of the room to give correct detection.
- Always set your alarm system, even if you are leaving the house for a short time. Most burglaries occur when people are picking up or dropping off their children at school.
- Place Security Alarm stickers in visible places at your front and back entrance points as well as lockable garages and sheds; to deter would-be thieves from attempting a burglary on your premises.
- Remove opportunity for theft by ensuring you have locked up any tools or items that could be used to break into your home; such as spades, hammers and the like.
- Use hedges, thorny shrubs and climbing roses around your property as deterrents and barriers.
- If you're planning a holiday, be careful about broadcasting this information on your social media profiles, particularly on public posts or posts that indicate your location.